Your child’s homeroom teacher is the primary source for information about senior activities and graduation. If you have further questions or concerns, please have your child ask his/her homeroom teacher.
- Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. at Cabarrus Arena and Events Center
- Tickets are required, but seating is general admission.
GRADUATION PRACTICE (This is mandatory!)
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015 from 1:00pm-4:00pm in the new gym
- Tickets for the graduation ceremony will be distributed at the END of practice.
- If you are not present at practice, you will not participate in graduation and YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR TICKETS.
- Each senior will receive four (4) free tickets to the ceremony. In addition, each senior may purchase additional tickets at a cost of $10.00 each.
- All tickets are general admission (no reserved seating).
- Everyone attending graduation (except the senior) MUST have a ticket. This includes babies and small children.
- Seniors may purchase their tickets with cash or check (made payable to Sun Valley High School).
- The deadline for ticket orders is Friday, May 15, 2015.
- Ticket order forms will be given to seniors in March. Students must have a ticket order form for every purchase. Click here to access a Graduation Ticket Order Form.
- The money raised through ticket sales will cover the costs incurred by graduation (rental of the arena, programs, security, etc.). Any money over and above those costs will go towards the senior class gift.
- In order to protect your tickets from being lost or stolen, tickets will not be distributed until the end of graduation practice, which is mandatory. Senior homeroom teachers will have careful records of who has purchased tickets, but your senior should be sure to keep his or her receipt as additional security.
- Tickets are nonrefundable. If a student does not graduate or does not particpate in practice, he/she will NOT receive tickets and will not receive a refund.
CAPS AND GOWNS
- The only required items are a cap, gown, and 2015 tassel.
- Cap and gown orders will be taken October 16-17, 2014 during lunches.
- Our Jostens representative is Russ Honrine. If you have any problems or questions regarding your order, call him directly at 1-800-582-6376, email him at email@example.com, or visit Jostens.
- Caps and gowns will be delivered March 30, 2015 during lunches. You must have your balance paid in full by this time to receive your order.
- Cap and gown portraits and the senior group picture will be taken Friday, April 17, 2015. Seniors who do not have their cap and gown by this time will not be allowed to be in the group picture! (We do not have caps and gowns that you can borrow.)
- Any other questions about senior pictures should be directed to Lana Evans.
- To ensure a dignified ceremony, seniors are required to abide by a dress code at graduation. Seniors who are not properly dressed will not be able to participate. Girls will wear white robes and boys will wear burgundy robes.
- Girls must wear a white dress and white shoes (no flip-flops, TOMS, sneaker/tennis shoes). Ladies, be sure to wear a slip under your dress as the robes are very thin and easy to see through.
- Boys must wear a white shirt, dark tie, black dress pants, and black shoes (no flip-flops, TOMS, sneaker/tennis shoes).
DIRECTIONS TO CABARRUS ARENA AND EVENTS CENTER
4751 NC Highway 49, Concord, NC 28025
- From Sun Valley, travel to Interstate 485
- Take Interstate 485 East toward Greensboro.
- Take Exit 33, which is the Highway 49/University City Blvd exit onto 49 NORTH (away from Charlotte).
- Go 13.3 miles ahead and the center will be on the left.